Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ketchup

I am the worst blogger on the planet.

In an attempt to rid myself of the guilt I feel for not posting since Christmas, I will update you briefly on everything going on in our lives:

Shanda's job: Good. Today ranked top 3 worst days at school. My little challenge child attacked me and wouldn't stop punching me in the stomach and arms. I'm okay. He is suspended.

Ty's job: Great. Everyone loves him. He was told that he was next in line for an assistant manager position, but his availability with school won't let him get it. I'm glad he isn't dropping out of school! He might be getting a new job doing car detailing that pays better. We'll see.

House: We bought one. You can look at pictures on this craigslist post http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/reb/992990653.html
We will be closing sometime in March I think... Hopefully earlier, but we'll just have to see.

Misc: Ty is the best husband ever. We made a resolution to be more romantic and I'm sucking at it just as much as I suck at all my resolutions. Ty has started doing cute things all the time =) Last week he painted my fingernails for me during One Tree Hill. Today I came home and he had left a trail of flowers from my parking space to our apartment door. There was a bouquet inside and the entire house was clean! Luckiest girl ever.

Also, we will be getting sealed on Saturday, Feb. 14 at 9am (i think thats the right time...). Does anyone want to volunteer to do my makeup? Please?

Never got around to making Christmas cards... Here's our family portrait anyway =)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Cute picture! Wow about your trouble child.. man hard day. Congratulations about your sealing! That's so exciting! I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing well.

reuben said...

That is a cute picture of ll three of you! That really stinks that you got beat up by a second graders today. I hope Ty gets a job that pays better! I am glad he is not dropping out of school too. Congrats on the house. I can do your make up for you if you want, but I am no pro. I don't know how to do really cool stuff.

megan said...

oh by the way that was me not reuben commenting before

Emily said...

Don't feel guilty. I's all excited for you. Oh, and I'm wishing that was Reuben offering to do your make up.

shanda said...

haha yeah I was kinda hoping Reuben could do my makeup too... =)
Megan- i would LOVE for you to do it! I don't want anything crazy like I'm stepping off a MAC runway, just bright and cute. It might be early in the morning tho... is that okay?
actually- i'll just call you about this lol

Emily P. said...

Hi Shanda, this is Emily Pratt, Derek's wife. I am graduating in a few months, and was wondering how you got your charter school job? there are a lot of hiring freezes in a lot of districts, and i don't know where to begin to apply to charter schools. If you could let me know what websites you found, that would be helpful. It's lame asking you on your blog, but i never see you guys! Im glad you like your job!

Emily P. said...

thanks for answering me back. So craigslist? That is really cool that you got the job right before school! I am trying for a music teaching position in elementary general music. they are cutting that in a lot of schools