Wednesday, January 16, 2008

not dead, just busy

me and ty haven't dropped off the face of the planet yet, but we are both super busy!

i started a new job at one of the busiest restaurants in town, Oregano's, and have really been enjoying it so far. It sucks having to close though because I don't get home til about 11.

I also started my student teaching last week after two district wide snow days. I am not really getting along wonderfully with my cooperating teacher, but I love the kids already! This teacher came highly recommended, but she has been teaching for 25 years or something and is really set in her ways, some of which I really don't agree with... but I guess if she's been employed for that long, she must be doing something right. She wants me to meet her at the school every morning at 7- I haven't woken up that early since high school! Needless to say, I'm tired pretty often.

Between work and student teaching, I haven't had much time for anything else so Ty is worked to the bone at our apartment and has probably been starving. He is a good sport though and hasn't complained about anything except for my alarm waking him up in the morning (its a loud version of Kiss "I was Made for Loving You"). We have found time a few nights in the last couple weeks to get together with some friends of mine which has been really fun.

Anyway- just wanted to let everyone know that we have not died, and when I have more time I'll post some cute pictures of us at Christmas time with our families and Catcher! =)

4 comments:

megan said...

glad to hear you guys aren't dead! wow it sounds like you are not getting much sleep. that is no fun.

ducklips said...

Oh my gosh. I'm not sure I am not dreaming this post yet.
Yesterday I ran into Lisa King (her husband was one of Ty's scout advisers) She asked me how the newlyweds were doing and I couldn't honestly answer her.;)

Hope your crazy schedule doesn't drive you to the mad house. Only 1 more semester, WOOHOO!

KrisBo said...

for real! glad you guys are doing good.. i havent seen you post in forever!

jaust.me said...

I don't know how you can work and student teach. When I was student teaching, some nights I would finally lay down and my head would just spin, I was so tired. I thought it was just me, but then I told some other people and they all said that the same thing happened to them. I have to say, real teaching is way easier than student teaching. Still hard, but way easier.