Friday, January 25, 2008

blahhhh

have i mentioned that i am student teaching with devil woman? my new daily mantra: "i can read. i can write lesson plans. i know how to fix a boo-boo. i am not an incompetent twit. i will be a teacher someday." ty is being very supportive and lets me vent when i need to which is nice, but i need a battle plan... the easy solution would be to discuss my concerns with my advisor, but she pretty much worships my cooperating teacher...

i will be taking the aepa tomorrow and really appreciated everyone's help and input on my last post. it is fun to have so many teachers in the family =) thank you.

also- i have been reading everyones posts, but haven't really been commenting lately...

kristin- dude. i didn't know you were going to hair/cosmetology school! thats rad. ty says hes glad cuz now he doesn't have to dye my roots like a gay anymore. haha
megan- juno totally ruled. me and ty both loved it. i hope the decorating is coming along nicely and i can't wait to see pics. you have very good taste.
elise- i love your kids' posts. i think my favorite was zoe talking about keeping her lamb clean with a lint roller. too cute!
monique- you go girl. and good luck with the water tower!!
merilee- i'm sorry about sid and your differing tastes, but i will say that your pictures are so cute =)
natalie- congrats on the potty training! and thank you for the pictures. ty and i really enjoy them
emily- happy anniversary! and sorry i missed you last weekend when you passed through...

7 comments:

megan said...

hello, I totally love all the blogging you are doing these days! I hope I didn't cause too much craziness with me switching Catchers blessing date all the time. Maybe Ty didn't even tell you that I kept switching it. I'm glad you guys can come though.

KrisBo said...

Ty will always be like a gay sometime even if he is not the one doing your hair. Man I am excited about school too! It will be a while before I get to the point where I can start working on people for real and not just experiments in the classroom. good luck with that test!! sorry your teacher is crazy.

Emily said...

Yeah, whatever....You missed some good Carl's Jr. Thanks, Ty! Oh, try telling your cooperating teacher that you are having issues with her. My cooperating teacher taught me that that is part of the responsibility of a professional relationship. Of course, it could always backfire, and that would suck.

jaust.me said...

I have the feeling that student teaching mentors are intended to make you feel like an incompetent twit so that it's not a surprise when children do the same thing. lol

ducklips said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are going through all of that right now. I think after hearing all of the horror stories of the teachers in our family about their mentor people that I am really glad I am not going to be a teacher. Only a few more months though and you'll be done and get to be a teacher w/o someone constantly looking over your shoulder.

Thanks for all the comments on this post. It was fun to read and not even have to comb through people's blogs to get to them.

See you in a couple of days.

megan said...

I know you are super busy, but we all want to know what is going on with you guys! Has Ty found a new job yet? Is your student teaching getting any better? can you believe you are already two months into it? I guess almost on to your 3rd month. Great job. you will be a great teacher! Maybe you should make ty post if he has more time

megan said...

I know you are super busy, but we all want to know what is going on with you guys! Has Ty found a new job yet? Is your student teaching getting any better? can you believe you are already two months into it? I guess almost on to your 3rd month. Great job. you will be a great teacher! Maybe you should make ty post if he has more time